I’ve been having cookie dough for breakfast for the past three days. Can you believe it? Well, it’s a healthier type of cookie dough, which really has no dough at all. And to be honest, it’s only ingredient it shares with real cookie dough is chocolate chips (except mine are dark chocolate, but shh). What if I tell you this amazingly filling and yummy “cookie dough” only needs three simple ingredients. Well it’s true! All you need is peanut butter, Greek yogurt, and honey (the chocolate chips are totally optional, but highly recommended).
I saw a similar recipe a few weeks ago on a Buzfeed article, and of course, immediately had to try it. The article called for peanut butter flour, which I really didn’t (and don’t) intend on buying. So I replaced it with peanut butter, scooped it into a small bowl (or rather, a small mason jar, duh), quickly mixed it with my yogurt and honey and gulped it down.
The texture really does resemble cookie dough, it’s crazy! You feel like you’re cheating on your diet hardcore, but in fact are treating yourself with something super healthy and nutritious. The yogurt provides great calcium for your bones. The peanut butter adds a lot of protein to help you stay up and alert the rest of your day. The honey (liquid gold, as many call it) is great for fighting allergens and boosting your memory. And the dark chocolate? Well, besides “treating yo-self,” it also provides many antioxidants and can even protect your skin from the sun.
Healthy Cookie Dough
- 1 Spoonful of Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
- 2 Spoonfuls of Peanut Butter
- 1 Spoonful of Honey
- 1 Spoonful of Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a small bowl place the Greek Yogurt, peanut butter and honey.
- Mix vigorously with a spoon or knife, or whatever you have handy until it’s all one color (the color of cookie dough).
- Roughly chop the chocolate chips, place into the bowl and mix it all together
- Enjoy with a spoon or store it for next morning’s breakfast or as a quick sweet snack.