I’ll be the first to admit that I’m an acai-bowl addict. It all started when I spent over $100 on freeze dry acai powder a couple months ago. (For the record: this was completely by accident.) From then on, my addiction grew and grew to the point of no return. Having at least 1 or 2 acai bowls a week became the norm.
This wonderul habit developed out of the need for having something easy yet nutricious for dinner. Let’s face it, the last thing I wanted to do after a long day at work is cook. Cereal was too easy (and I probably eat too much of it.) A quick smoothies would leave me starving. So what was left? Do I need to spell it out for ya?
Anyways, as my obsession grew, my love (and need) for the right toppings expanded. Chia seeds, duh. Hemp seeds, yes please. Coconut shreds, unsweetened, of course. Granola, obviously homemade. And some flaxseed meal just because.
After a lot of reseach, trial and error I’ve finally nailed down my acai bowl recipe and am happy I get to share it with you all.
- 1 Cup Frozen Berries
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 3/4 Cup Milk (I use Lactaid 😝 but really anything works)
- 1 Tbsp Freeze Dry Acai Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- The first step is making sure all your fruit is frozen! This is a key factor in making your bowl nice and thick.
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Poor the “smoothie” on to a bowl and add your choice of toppings (see above for my faves.)
- Add couple of slices of fresh fruit like a banana or strawberries for an extra oomph.
Trying out my recipe? Leave a comment below!