Summer has officially arrived. The sun is out, the people of Boston are happy, and I’m wearing shorts (which is a rarity.) A delicious and fresh sangria is all I need to top-off this beautiful day in the neighborhood. But the thought of waiting for one to “sit overnight” is just not really an option. I’m like an impatient 5-year-old, I want it NOW. A quick run to the store, 5-minute prep, and vuala!
P.S. this recipe is made for one person. Make sure to double (or triple) it up if you’re using a whole bottle.
- A handful of frozen strawberries
- 1 large orange
- 187 mL red wine bottle* (I used Merlot, but any other red wine works)
- 7 ounces orange peach mango juice (Simply Balanced or Dole)
- A splash of sparkling water
- Cut up the orange into thin slices.
- Pour everything in a pitcher.
*Shutter Home sells these adorable mini bottles of wine in a pack of four. Their ideal for anyone who a) lives alone or b) usually just wants 1 glass and not the whole bottle. Also, they are great for cooking!