There’s nothing like some freshly cut papaya to take me back to my 8-year old self, still living in Mexico. Its richness and almost creamy texture is all I need to put me in a good mood. But how much square-cut papaya can a girl really eat? So I tossed it in a blender with other tropical foods and created a delicious breakfast smoothie. Not only was it tasty and super satisfying, but it was a great antidote to this severely hot summer day.
- 1/2 ripe papaya
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice (I use Lactaid)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 1/2 tsb chia seeds
- Peel the papaya, cut in half and remove the seeds.
- Roughly cut half of the papaya into squares and store the other half in the fridge (or eat that half, too. Yolo.)
- Blend the papaya, banana, milk and ice.
- Pour it into a cup, add chia seeds, stir with a straw and ENJOY!