I went blueberry picking last week and have been staring at my fresh blueberries with a question mark on my face since then. What am I suppose to do with so many blueberries besides eating them and turning into this…
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 sugar (add more if you’re not going to make the glaze)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk (I use fat free Lactaid)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix in all the dry ingredients for the muffins. Then add the blueberries along with the wet ingredients. The mixture will be clumpy, but that’s okay!
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Scoop the muffin mix using a ice cream scoop into the pan and place in to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove when the muffins are light brown and cooked all the way through.
- Place the pan into the fridge to cool while you make the glaze.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, place the powdered sugar and slowly incorporate the milk mixture.
- If you think it’s too watery then add more sugar. And if it’s too thick, just add more milk.
- After the muffins have cooled, drizzle glaze over them and wait for it to harden a little before eating them. (Or just eat them right then and there.)